Tuesday 30 June 2009

Dreaming, designing, dragons...

So finally, Blogland beckons, and I'm very excited about the whole thing... I'm a stay-at-home-mum, looking to stay sane during the school holidays and share my ideas, crafty creations, things that make me laugh, things that inspire me, and things that I find touching. It is about my life here in France as an English girl (although at 35 years of age, I'm not sure I can still call myself that), as mother to Elliott and Ooma, and as darling wife of 12 years to 'Monsieur Seb' (the reason I came here in the first place). It is also the accompanying journal to my creative venture and my website (www.ellie-ooma.com) ...making handmade creations for kid's rooms...cushions, covers, bags and softies inspired by the whims of my own two little luvlies! I'm a fabric hoarder who loves to sew and make things and a wannabe kids' interior designer (maybe soon, who knows?) who's simply dying to get started on this motherly/crafty/family/girly/hopefully inspiring blog...

First up is a photo of recent craftworks that I have become known for amoungst friends, family and fellow Englishwomen in Paris. It all started a year and a half ago when Tata Catherine asked me to help her make some Christmas presents for the children she looks after... and my dragons were born...